A very underrated error type is the double strikes with two full dates and mintmarks. Only recently have these error types been bringing strong prices. Not only are they rare, but the coins have a special eye appeal. Find a Lincoln cent that is a full red color with a flipover 2nd strike, and the date and mintmark shows on both sides. Watch what the coin sells for. Triple strikes with two or more dates are also bringing strong prices.
Here are records of recent sales on eBay from October 1, 2010 to December 30, 2010.
1. ALL LOTS HAD BUYERS. IF THE COINS ACTUALLY CHANGED HANDS IS UNKNOWN.
2. A PICTURE ACCOMPANIED EACH LOT OR IT WAS NOT RECOGNIZED.
3. BLURRY PICTURES OR OTHER PROBLEMS ARE NOTATED UNDER “OBSERVATION”.
4. ITEMS MISLABELED COMMANDED A SMALL PREMIUM.
5. SOME LOTS CHANGED HANDS MORE THAN ONCE.
6. ANY SCRATCHES, DENTS OR DEFECTS NOTATED WERE EITHER IN THE DESCRIPTION OR GRADING SERVICES’ HOLDERS.
7. AUCTION HOUSES THAT LISTED THESE ERRORS WERE IGNORED.
8. SHIPPING CHARGES ARE NOT INCLUDED.