There are so many questionable coins being sold on eBay. There is not enough time to list each transaction. Nor, do all of them rate being listed. This grouping are lots sold for over $9.99. The main reason is that reputable coin collectors and dealers do not mind spending a small price to have a few on hand as comparison pieces. Or, they fit into a type collection. These coins I consider as cousins to the “Waffled coins”. Some are neatly done. Others are made to fleece the collector. But like most collectibles, people buy them for whatever reason. Some nice counterfeits bring strong prices.
Here are records of recent sales on eBay from July 1, 2009 to December 31, 2009.
1. ALL LOTS HAD BUYERS. IF THE COINS ACTUALLY CHANGED HANDS IS UNKNOWN.
2. A PICTURE ACCOMPANIED EACH LOT OR IT WAS NOT RECOGNIZED.
3. BLURRY PICTURES OR OTHER PROBLEMS ARE NOTATED UNDER “OBSERVATION”.
4. ITEMS MISLABELED COMMANDED A SMALL PREMIUM.
5. SOME LOTS CHANGED HANDS MORE THAN ONCE.
6. ANY SCRATCHES, DENTS OR DEFECTS NOTATED WERE EITHER IN THE DESCRIPTION OR GRADING SERVICES’ HOLDERS.
7. AUCTION HOUSES THAT LISTED THESE ERRORS WERE IGNORED.
8. SHIPPING CHARGES ARE NOT INCLUDED.