Missing Edge Lettering: The George Washington dollars have stabilize at the current prices listed below. John Adams dollars have remained the same as last report. Only one example of the Monroe dollar sold this past quarter. The double edge lettering John Adams dollars are changing hands at last quarters’ prices. PCGS and NGC prices dropped this quarter. Raw examples remain the same. The newest missing edge lettering errors to start showing up on eBay are the (SMS) satin finish dollars. These are the special mint sets that are suppose to be scrutinized by the mint employees at each process. Not many are being found so are relative scare at this time. A John Q. Adams did sell cheap.
Partial edge lettering and weak edge lettering errors have all gone down in price. This includes the ones found in (SMS) special mint sets.
Here are records of recent sales of George Washington, John Adams, Thomas Jefferson, James Monroe, John Quincy Adams and William Henry Harrison Presidential Dollar mint errors and Native American Dollar mint errors on eBay from July 1, 2009 to September 30, 2009.
1. All lots had buyers. If the coins actually changed hands is unknown.
2. A picture accompanied each lot or it was not recognized.
3. Blurry pictures or other problems are notated under “observation.”
4. Items mislabelled commanded a small premium.
5. Some lots changed hands more than once.
6. Any scratches, dents or defects notated were either in the description or grading service’s holders.
7. Auction houses that listed these errors were ignored.
8. Shipping charges are not included.