Almost every day there are items listed for sale that are “questionable”. Some are counterfeits, others may be altered to resemble errors. Some collectors buy these knowing what they are. If cheap, these fit into the person’s collection. Other buyers are just taken. The lot number along with the sellers’ description have been included in each of my notations. I have included my opinion as to why these items are placed in this grouping. If anyone reading this disagrees with me, please let me know.
Lots with sales under $10.00 are ignored.
Here are records of recent sales on eBay from July 1, 2010 to September 30, 2010.
1. ALL LOTS HAD BUYERS. IF THE COINS ACTUALLY CHANGED HANDS IS UNKNOWN.
2. A PICTURE ACCOMPANIED EACH LOT OR IT WAS NOT RECOGNIZED.
3. BLURRY PICTURES OR OTHER PROBLEMS ARE NOTATED UNDER “OBSERVATION”.
4. ITEMS MISLABELED COMMANDED A SMALL PREMIUM.
5. SOME LOTS CHANGED HANDS MORE THAN ONCE.
6. ANY SCRATCHES, DENTS OR DEFECTS NOTATED WERE EITHER IN THE DESCRIPTION OR GRADING SERVICES’ HOLDERS.
7. AUCTION HOUSES THAT LISTED THESE ERRORS WERE IGNORED.
8. SHIPPING CHARGES ARE NOT INCLUDED.