For the longest time, the double struck and double dated coins have carried a small premium over one dated double strikes. Now that the collector has realized how scarce these are, prices have gone way up. The coin with “eye appeal” will quadruple in price: Example, a die struck flipover double strike with two full dates and mintmarks. Try and put together a type set using this criteria!
Here are records of recent sales on eBay from January 1, 2009 to June 30, 2009.
1. ALL LOTS HAD BUYERS. IF THE COINS ACTUALLY CHANGED HANDS IS UNKNOWN.
2. A PICTURE ACCOMPANIED EACH LOT OR IT WAS NOT RECOGNIZED.
3. BLURRY PICTURES OR OTHER PROBLEMS ARE NOTATED UNDER “OBSERVATION”.
4. ITEMS MISLABELED COMMANDED A SMALL PREMIUM.
5. SOME LOTS CHANGED HANDS MORE THAN ONCE.
6. ANY SCRATCHES, DENTS OR DEFECTS NOTATED WERE EITHER IN THE DESCRIPTION OR GRADING SERVICES’ HOLDERS.
7. AUCTION HOUSES THAT LISTED THESE ERRORS WERE IGNORED.
8. SHIPPING CHARGES ARE NOT INCLUDED.