This grouping of sales consists of items sold that normally are not found priced in any of the grey sheets. Nor, can be found in published books showing specialty items. If prices are listed in books, when the book hits the market, these prices are out of date.
Many of these lots are third party slabbed and graded. Others, may be too big to fit in holders due to the error. Or, multiple errors not found or listed anywhere else. Currency and foreign errors are also included.
Here are records of recent sales on eBay from July 1, 2010 to September 30, 2010.
1. All lots had buyers. If the coins actually changed hands is unknown.
2. A picture accompanied each lot or it was not recognized.
3. Blurry pictures or other problems are notated under “observation.”
4. Items mislabeled commanded a small premium.
5. Some lots changed hands more than once.
6. Any scratches, dents or defects notated were either in the description or grading service’s holders.
7. Auction houses that listed these errors were ignored.
8. Shipping charges are not included.